Why is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) important?
- Over 80% of online transactions start with a search engine
- Google handles several hundred million searches every day
- Most people never get past the first page of results
If your website is not appearing on the first page when people are searching for businesses like yours then you will not be competitive online.
SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or web page in search engines, such as Google and Yahoo. These are ‘natural’/’organic’ searches which are un-paid, i.e. you do not pay Google a fee for the position you achieve. The earlier (or higher ranked) and more frequently your site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive. SEO helps to make sure the right people are finding your business online.
Using SEO techniques to make sure your site is optimised for search can be the most cost effective way of attracting customers to your website.
What does SEO entail?
There are many techniques to ensure your site is visible in search engines, including;
- Choosing the right keywords to target – they must be relevant, achievable and profitable.
- Tailoring your site according to those keywords – help search engines see that your website relates to those words by including them in the content of your site.
- Building links from other websites to your site – links from reputable websites that are relevant to your business will encourage search engines to view your site as an important one in your particular market.
- Integrating social media with your site as appropriate
- Incorporating site maps to let Google etc know what pages you have on your site and when you update them
An SEO campaign for one company does not necessarily work for another. For example a campaign for a company that only operates in the UK will be different to one that operates globally. We will tailor your SEO campaign exactly to your business requirements and objectives.
If you have an idea and you want help developing it or you’re looking to revamp and appeal to a new or bigger audience, we would love to hear from you.
m: 07932 061 256